The Library of the Slovak National Museum – Bojnice Museum is a special museum library.
The Library of the Slovak National Museum – Bojnice Museum was established in 1950 together with the Bojnice Museum. The library harbours documents from individual historical periods of the castle. The oldest documents come from the former County Museum in Nitra, various monasteries, mansions and noble and private collections from the territory of the Nitra region (monographs, anthologies, encyclopedias, diplomatic records and magazines (mainly from the 19th to 20th centuries in Hungarian, Latin, German, Slovak and Czech). The most treasured piece is incunabula from the 15th century.
Since 1982, Bojnice Museum specializes in the history of art (the majority of the library collection is from this field, including monographs, catalogs, albums, fonts, anthologies, encyclopedias, pictorial publications and magazines on painting, drawing, graphics, sculpture, arts and crafts, photography and architecture from different periods and in many languages). There are also works on the history of today’s Slovakia and Central Europe. The library collection is regularly supplemented (purchase of documents or exchange with Slovak, Czech or foreign museums and galleries).
The Library of the Slovak National Museum – Bojnice Museum provides its services to readers and researchers on weekdays from 7:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. (by appointment only – by phone 046/2452 109 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.